Thursday, August 27, 2015

Living the Dream

Hey, fellow cycling peeps. I wanted to take the time to share about a pretty AMAZING lady I have had the opportunity to meet, because of this great sport and also because of Specialized Bikes. Her name is Marissa Herold.

 I first met Marissa via the world wide web when I organized my second National Women's Day Ride. She was the lead coordinator of the National event. Marissa, in my mind has a pretty amazing Job, but decided a little over a month ago to take a leave of absence from her job to check something pretty big off her bucket list and ride from Washington State to the Keys of Florida. You heard right across Country. She went through 11 states and road 3900 miles in 42 days on her beautiful S-Works Amira. We were so lucky that Marissa decided to crash for the night in Sebring and come visit us at Legacy Bicycles. We spent dinner talking about cycling of course. Loved that her Dad was her SAG support across Country. 

What I love is that Marissa was living the dream and taking a dream and making it a reality. My goal is to turn some of my Dreams into reality before the end of the year. Granted I can't take 42 days off of work or away from being a Mom, but Marissa checking off a huge Bucket list item inspired me to go after some pretty BIG scary dreams and goals. "We need to live for Today, Because we aren't Promised tomorrow". Happy Cycling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment