Tuesday, December 15, 2015

JOIN THE PACK

Bicycling Magazine: "Motoring along in a paceline doesn't just save you energy, group workouts also fuel motivation. A 2012 study published in the Annals of Behavioral Medicine found that cyclists who worked out as a team exercised twice as long as those who pedaled alone. "We're social animals," says Nike's Treasure. "There's a performance benefit to training in a group, but it also feeds a part of you that needs to be connected to others, "he says. No local group rides? Download an app like Strava or Map My Ride, which help solitary cyclists ride with a virtual pack.

I couldn't agree more with this article. I couldn't imagine not having my weekly Latte Rides with my Ladies. All, I can say for myself is that each of these ladies have made such a positive impact in my life. Over these rides we have not only grown stronger as riders, but have become stronger women. Life is Crazy and our Conversations over Coffee help us feel we aren't the only one going through stressful times at work or stressful times raising our kids.

What I LOVE about our Shop is that we realize the importance of group rides. Be it from our Tour de After




work rides, Hump Day Rides, Legacy Ladies Latte Rides, Family Rides, Tacky Sweater ride, or Yearly group rides. We are building friendships, staying in shape, building up future cyclist!! It is a beautiful thing!!

As for Strava, it  not only connects you with your friends, but with other riders. You can follow PRO cyclists and they can follow you. You can track your progress and track where you are in comparison to other cyclist. Let's just say I think that Strava segments come up daily in conversation at the bike shop.

Moral of the Story is Find a Local group of people to ride with. Check with your Local Shop, Local Bike Club, or just post on your Social Media you are going out for a ride and invite others to come along:) Happy Riding!!!

1 comment: